COSTOLETTA DI VITELLO PARMIGIANA (Veal Parmesan)
Adapted from West Coast Prime Meats Cooks © 2015
- Two 15-16 ounce bone-in veal chops
- Half-teaspoon salt
- Quarter-teaspoon pepper
- Two teaspoons flour
- One egg, whisked
- Four ounces prepared breadcrumbs
- Two tablespoons olive oil
- Four ounces prepared tomato sauce
- Four ounces mozzarella cheese, grated
- Two tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the veal chops between two sheets of plastic wrap and gently pound them until they are 1/8-inch thick. Pound away from the bone so the meat does not separate.
- Set the flour in one bowl, the egg in another and the bread crumbs in a third bowl.
- Season the veal chops with the salt and pepper, then dust them with the flour, dip them completely in the egg and cover both sides with the breadcrumbs.
- In an ovenproof sauté pan large enough to hold both chops, heat the olive oil over medium-low flame. Add the veal chops and fry them for three minutes, then flip them to the other side and fry for an additional three minutes.
- Spoon the tomato sauce on top of the chop, then sprinkle the two cheeses, covering the entire top surface of the chops.
- Place the sauté pan in the oven and bake for approximately three minutes to melt the mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Remove and serve while the cheese is bubbling.
Copyright © 2015 by Amy and Craig Nickoloff and West Coast Prime Meats
Recipes reprinted with permission of the owners.
Chef/Partner, Via Alloro
Via Alloro sits on a sunny corner of Beverly Hills, one of three Drago family properties on North Cañon Drive…