Adapted from West Coast Prime Meats Cooks © 2015
- Two 20-ounce bone-in ribeye steaks
- One tablespoon each kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Two tablespoons canola oil
- Four tablespoons unsalted butter
- Four thyme sprigs
- Three garlic cloves, peeled
- One rosemary sprig
- Season the ribeyes all over with salt and freshly ground pepper. Let the meat stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Heat the canola oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium heat until shimmering.
- Add the steaks, turn the heat to high and sauté until crusty on the bottom, about five minutes.
- Turn the steaks and add the butter, thyme, garlic and rosemary to the skillet.
- Cook over high heat, basting the steaks with the melted butter, garlic and herbs until the steaks are medium rare, five to seven minutes longer.
- Transfer the steaks to a cutting board and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Cut the steaks off the bone, then slice the meat across the grain and serve.
Copyright © 2015 by Amy and Craig Nickoloff and West Coast Prime Meats
Recipes reprinted with permission of the owners.
Chef/Owner, Mina Group
For talented chef Michael Mina, the creativity never seems to end. With 27 restaurants and bars in 13 American cities, including a test kitchen opened in the summer of 2015 in San Francisco, Mina and his team continue on their expansive roll…