ROLLATINI DI VITELLO (Stuffed Veal Bundles)
Adapted from West Coast Prime Meats Cooks © 2015
- One pound thin veal cutlets (1/4-inch thick)
- Two teaspoons each sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Quarter-pound (4 ounces) mozzarella cheese, grated
- Quarter-pound (4 ounces) prosciutto, thinly sliced, then chopped fine
- Two tablespoons parsley, chopped
- One tablespoon fresh sage leaves, chopped
- One garlic clove, peeled and minced
- Three tablespoons olive oil
- Third-cup all-purpose flour
- Half-cup dry Marsala
- Half-cup beef broth
- Two tablespoons butter
- Cut the veal in pieces 4 by 4 inches. Pound gently to even out the pieces. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix together the mozzarella, prosciutto, parsley, sage and garlic with a quarter-teaspoon of salt and one-half teaspoon pepper.
- Lay out the veal scallops and sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper. At one end, place a generous spoonful of the mozzarella-prosciutto mixture. Roll up, tucking in the edges, and secure each one with a toothpick or two.
- Heat the oil over medium-high heat in a saute pan large enough to hold the veal in one layer.
- Pat the veal dry and very lightly dust with flour. Brush off any excess.
- Brown the bundles on all sides.
- Add the Marsala and meat broth to the sauté pan, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer until the veal is cooked, about 8 minutes.
- Remove the veal from the pan and remove the string or toothpicks. Hold aside and keep warm.
- Reduce the cooking liquid to half-cup and swirl in the butter. Adjust salt and pepper if needed. Pour over the veal. Serve immediately.
Copyright © 2015 by Amy and Craig Nickoloff and West Coast Prime Meats
Recipes reprinted with permission of the owners.
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.